Re: Procedure to Change Nameservers

  • From: Mike Lewinski
  • Date: Tue Sep 16 19:54:20 2008

Crist Clark wrote:

9) Turn off DNS services at old-dns1 and old-dns2 (i.e. take out
the firewall rules that allow queries to those addresses).

10) ...

10 ) Use one of the various sanity checking sites to validate some subset of your hosted domain configurations.

We used to like http://www.dnsstuff.com a lot, but they've gone commercial. It's still a great service and possibly worth the money (I bought a membership but will be comparing it with the other free offerings in the coming months before our renewal is up to see if there's really enough value add).

Free sites that perform similar DNS configuration checks that I know of are:

http://dnssy.com
http://www.intodns.com

Mike