Re: confusing packet data

  • From: Nathan Ward
  • Date: Mon Sep 15 21:45:06 2008

On 16/09/2008, at 1:34 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

This is something has been bugging me lately.... Etherape is a Linux
tool that graphs packets arriving at your host, and shows paths of
connectivity.   I captured the graphs, at the URL below, from my Linux
laptop connected to a Linksys wifi router that is hooked to a Comcast
cable modem.   Why is it that I can see packet data from IPs all over
the place?

My suspicion is that the tool is malfunctioning and is spitting out random data. Probably best to post on the Etherape mailing list for help on this one.

I see stuff in 224/4 and 240/4 in your pictures.

--
Nathan Ward