Re: Internet Traffic Begins to Bypass the U.S.

  • From: Matthew Moyle-Croft
  • Date: Sun Sep 14 19:47:59 2008

Jamie A Lawrence wrote:

What exactly would be sinister about moving traffic through routes that didn't intersect the U.S. border?
Nothing if the reason isn't to avoid the US to prevent interception. ie. my point was the people are doing this for engineering reasons not political ones as was implied by that article.

We have connectivity to Japan to reduce latency to Asia from Australia (ie. remove the trombone via the US) - this is purely an engineering/commercial decision to improve latency.

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft - Internode/Agile - Networks