Re: Cisco uRPF failures

  • From: Brandon Ewing
  • Date: Sat Sep 13 14:26:25 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:11:28PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:

> Sound like these shops are using 3550 as router, which is common for
> smaller shops, especially in EU. And indeed, 3550 would not do uRPF.
> (3560E does).

Are you sure?  According to the IOS guide for 3560E/3750E, "ip verify" is
still an unsupported interface command.  I don't have a 3560E handy to test
on, but I know that a non-E 3560 refuses it with a notice regarding how
verification is not supported by hardware.

http://tinyurl.com/5qbqzb

--
Brandon