RE: Identifying when netblocks have been assigned

  • From: Frank Bulk
  • Date: Sat Sep 13 14:06:50 2008

No problem, I had my coffee 2 hours ago.

1) I would prefer e-mail, and ideally on-demand querying from a web form.
And even more pie in the sky, something like Google Trends (i.e.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=hurricane+katrina&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all)
that shows the quantity of IP addresses that are being advertised over time.
2) Basically I would sign up for certain AS' and be informed when new blocks
are added, or when blocks stop being advertised (for a full 24-hour period,
I don't think there's value in seeing when it's withdrawn and re-advertised
in one day).  There might be some people that want to know when a block is
first advertised, but that's less likely unless they're tracking the
de-BOGON announcements.

Regards,

Frank