Re: Identifying when netblocks have been assigned

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Sat Sep 13 13:46:36 2008

      On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Frank Bulk wrote:
    > Perhaps there's no answer to this, or it's obvious and I ought to know.
    > How can I find out when ARIN or the applicable registry has assigned a block
    > to a certain organization, and I don't know the block, just the
    > organization.
    > If that's not possible, is there a site/way that has a timeline for the
    > first time a certain AS announced a block?

Those are both very simple reports to run from PCH's existing databases
and data-feeds.  The only tricky part is how you specify the organization
name...  Are you planning on using the RIR OrgID, or an exact-match on the
organization name, or a substring or regex match?  Or would you like
something that tries to map through origin AS?

                                -Bill