Re: Cisco uRPF failures

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Thu Sep 11 03:43:35 2008

On Sep 6, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Anton Kapela wrote:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Jo Rhett <[email protected]> wrote:

That's the surprising thing -- no scenario. Very basic configuration.
Enabling uRPF and then hitting it with a few gig of non-routable packets
consistently caused the sup module to stop talking on the console, and

What do you mean by 'non routable?'

Should have been dropped by UDP.

What was the src/dst makeup of the test traffic?

Both random sources and singular sources demonstrated the problem.

What version of code? Also, port-channel/lag or ECMP?

I don't have those details handy now, nor am I likely to anytime soon. If they've been solved in recent code, great. But I've seen nothing in the tech notes.

quickly, but that turns out not to be the case. To this day I've never

I've never seen the issues you speak of, so it could be code/platform/config specific.

Also, what sup were you testing?

720s, as said repeatedly.

Forgive me, but what does bits/sec have to do with anything?

The problem only appeared at high bits/sec, as I've said repeatedly.

--
Jo Rhett