Re: BCP38 dismissal

  • From: Paul Wall
  • Date: Fri Sep 05 11:46:36 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Greg Hankins <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey Paul, would you be able to demonstrate this problem?  I'd like to see
> it so that we can investigate and fix it.
>
> You are correct that the first generation of E-Series hardware (EtherScale)
> had little control plane protection.
>
> The current E-Series hardware (TeraScale) has a completely different
> architecture that rate limits, queues and filters all packets destined to
> the control plane.

In my current job, I don't have access to this kind of iron.  The
afforementioned Linksys solution provides more than enough capacity.

If you could provide me login/enable access to a current E-series box
with no firewalls sitting in front, I can most likely replicate.

(Off-list, in the interest of keeping things on-topic, with a
follow-up summary sent on-...)

Drive Slow,
Paul Wall