Re: Force10 Gear - Opinions

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Thu Sep 04 12:37:55 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 8:45 PM, Paul Wall wrote:
Linksys, D-Link, SMC, etc are able to pull it off on the layer 3
switches sold at Fry's for a couple benjamins a pop.  :)

I am.  All of these boxes can forward packets at line rate, and list
for a fraction of the price of the Force 10 S-Series.

You and I (and any real network operator) must have different definitions of "forward at line rate".

--
Jo Rhett