Re: GLBX De-Peers Intercage [Was: RE: Washington Post: Atrivo/Intercag e, w hy are we peering with the American RBN?]

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams
  • Date: Tue Sep 02 22:29:46 2008

Suresh,

In a parallel universe we're considering profiles for "licit use" of some mechanism. One element of a multi-part test to distinguish "licit" from "illicit" was the presence or absence of known signatures for malware. After some thought it was understood that this test was equivalent to the node subject to the test being "cleaner" than the average for network attached consumer devices, and therefore not realistic.

Cheers,
Eric

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
There's this concept known as "dual criminality" in such situations,
when you're looking at international prosecutions (or whatever).

So, while lesé majesté - insult to the king - is a crime in thailand
(liable to get you lynched before you get prosecuted, at that) that
doesnt mean the thai authorities can do much about youtube videos ..

On the other hand, child pornography, malware, illegal sale of
prescription narcotics etc are generally criminal acts around the
world.

regards
srs