Re: GLBX De-Peers Intercage [Was: RE: Washington Post: Atrivo/Intercag e, w hy are we peering with the American RBN?]

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Mon Sep 01 11:43:35 2008

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:08:20 -0400
[email protected] wrote:

a) There exist providers that are willing to take money from scum.
b) We won't get rid of the scum until we admit (a) is true.

I mostly agree with you -- but I get very worried about who defines "scum".

Who defines "scum" when you get the email announcing a solution to your most urgent sexual problems?

Who defines "scum" when the guy shows up at your office with a lot of the world's finest wrist watches for sale at unbelievably low prices?

Who defines "scum" when you get the pallet of toner nobody remembers ordering?

Who defines "scum" when the seedy character you never met before shows up to take your daughter out?