Re: GNi/365main Above.net peering problems?

  • From: Wil Schultz
  • Date: Sat Aug 30 15:17:10 2008

We found a routing loop on 8/20 caused by some maintenance that either did not get completed, wasn't properly configured, or otherwise had some problems the evening before. At that point I went ahead and shut down BGP peering and asked to be notified when all was well.

8/26 notified that all was well, other customers had been affected, really sorry about that, etc.
8/27 received another emergency maintenance notification
8/29 received another emergency maintenance notification

I did not do any investigation so I don't know any more then the above but there clearly is some work being done that has not gone exactly as planned. Meanwhile, peering will remain down until they things get straightened out.

I suppose the short answer is, we've seen problems for about 10 days. Hope they get things worked out.

-wil