Re: Using 32 bit ASN numbers

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 19:21:21 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

Marshal,

Since his question was specifically about I don't see the answer
in either of the places you referenced....

Sorry, I was too eager to respond. The assignees of the 32 bit ASN will have to ask for
space from IANA from the former "eGLOP" space, now the Extended AD-HOC space.

There will be no automatic pre-assignment of space,
see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis-03.txt
for details.

This has not become an RFC yet, and if people have comments, we welcome them on the MBONED list.

Regards
Marshall

The calculator didn't
like a 32 bit ASN:

AS Number Out of Range
AS numbers are represented by 16 bits; 65535 maximum in decimal.

No, likely not.

Marshall

Back to the GLOP Calculator
Return to Shepfarm Multicast