Re: BGP Attack - Best Defense ?

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Aug 29 18:57:56 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Scott Weeks wrote:

Restating my question differently: If the attacker is announcing a /24 of mine, I figure it out some how and I start announcing the same. What happens if the attacker doesn't stop?

You may as well announce both the same /24 and /25s if you can...though those probably won't make it far. If they hijack something less specific than a /24, go one bit more specific than the rogue announcement.

After that, try contacting the rogue ASN's upstreams. After that? See if you can find a backhoe for hire?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |