Re: US government mandates? use of DNSSEC by federal agencies

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 19:41:27 2008

On Aug 27, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:
Of course embedded frobs that don't
auto-update like, oh say, your favorite router could be problematic.

You have a router that supports DNSSEC that can't be made to do some form of auto-update?

In any case, the point of my first question was really about the
concern of false positives. Do we really have any idea what will
happen if you hard fail dnssec failures?

As far as I'm aware, there is no 'soft fail' for DNSSEC failures. In the caching servers I'm familiar with, if a name fails to validate, it used to be that it doesn't get cached and SERVFAIL is returned. Maybe that's been fixed?

Regards,
-drc