RE: Level 3 TPA routing today?

  • From: David Hubbard
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 16:40:22 2008

From: Jon Lewis [mailto:[email protected]]

> We have gigE to Level3 in Orlando, and saw something happen
> around 1pm today.  Customers were complaining of latency and
> packet loss, and our traffic to/from L3 dropped noticably if
> only for a few minutes.

It sounded like based on Craig's post yesterday they
did have some known issue and were working to resolve
it around that time, ~8 pm EST.  I turned our gig link
to them back on around 4 AM EST and have not had any
complaints so far today.  Traffic is up compared to
yesterday afternoon too, back where it would normally
be.  The tech I spoke to this morning said he had no
knowledge of any issues yesterday, of course my ticket
also had none of the information I sent in to them
yesterday or even a clear description of what the
problem was....

Dave