Re: Native v6 with Level(3)?

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Tue Aug 26 01:47:08 2008

Christopher Morrow wrote:
On 8/22/08, Kyle Murray <[email protected]> wrote:
Here is the response I got from L3 when I inquired about IPV6:

 "The answer to your questions is "no", we have not yet inplemented IPV6 for
our customers yet.  IPV4 is the de facto on our backbone nad alledge router
on which customers connectc."

 Poor spelling aside, it seems they have not implemented it yet.  If someone
manages to get them to implement, I would really like to hear about it.

wow that is odd.. since stewart bamford has been off giving ipv6 deployment talks to various conferences (including this one: http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0510/bamford.html )

maybe L3's support staff should check their internal documentation??
Slide 17 says: "Deployment completed Q3 2005"... so, they apparently
have it, can get it to you and do 6PE (or did 6PE a bit ago). Maybe
ask again and aim the nay-sayer to the nanog preso and ask them to
call stewart up directly?

We had the same issue when we inquired initially. Apparently Level(1) support at Level(3) has Level(0) clue as to their capabilities.

I responded to Kyle off-list as to the email address for getting to the people with the answers. Stewart is still on the team and they had us up and running on IPv6 within a couple of days once I contacted the right people.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [email protected]