OT:Please excuse the noise

  • From: Joe Blanchard
  • Date: Mon Aug 18 23:50:22 2008

I'm dealing with Hughsnet and have observed the following issue/

SOA is me for testing 72.169.156.122

Upstream router seems to be a public IP
Number:      	15942
Date:            	18Aug2008
Time:           	23:03:21
Product:       	FireWall-1
Interface:     	eth0
Origin:         	rockgate (192.168.1.1)
Type:           	Log
Action:         	Accept
Protocol:      	udp
Service:       	2016
Source:        	upstream_router (72.169.156.121)
Destination: 	Firewall_external (72.169.156.122)
Rule:            	10
Source Port:	domain-udp (53)

Problem is that target port is not 53, in otherwords asking for a DNS
response on an odd port while sourcing port 53.
Is this normal, am I missing something that a bigger ISP knows? This would
be Hughesnet. so I should be concerned? I have a ticket opened with them,
#15048812 but am getting the run around with them.
I understand that the normal recourse is to "Reboot the modem" but in this
case I think it's a bit more than that.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance,

Again sorry for the noise

Joe Blanchard
906-384=6525