RouterOS performance?

  • From: William Pitcock
  • Date: Sun Aug 17 19:33:49 2008

Hi,

We're looking at using Mikrotik's RouterOS for some some sort of
software routing solution as part of our network in combination with
supervised layer3 switching doing most likely some sort of limited BGP.

Does anyone else here run it? Is it any good? Is it better than e.g.
vyatta?

If RouterOS and Vyatta both suck, is there any decent software routing
solution? Our network is small (4 /24s) and we only need to push roughly
1-2gbit at the moment.

Experiences with both would be appreciated. Thanks!

William