Re: Public shaming list for ISPs announcing other ISPs IP space by mis take

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Fri Aug 15 01:45:12 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 11:37 PM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

Okay, I admit I haven't paid the closest attention to RPKI, but I
have to ask: Is this a two-way shared-key issue, or (worse) a case
where we need to rely on a central entity to be a key clearinghouse?

The reason why I mention this is obvious -- the entire PKI effort
has been stalled (w.r.t. authority) because of this particular
issue.

Any thoughts on that?

See Randy et al's presentation here:

<http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0610/bush.html>

In short, the latter, which is precisely DRC's point.

-danny