Re: Coop Peering Fabric??

  • From: Matt Liotta
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 18:30:05 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 6:17 PM, Deepak Jain wrote:

There are lots of providers that can do connectivity between Any2 and Equinix. It has been suggested privately that some Equinix MSAs may prevent this sort of thing. In fact, to prevent this sort of thing, I suggested providing x-connects from 1275 AND Equinix to another facility to prevent Borg'ing ops in the future.

I am not aware of Any2 pricing, but I'm sure the 6 members of CRG K Street's Any2 would be happy to join any new initiative (either a larger Any2 or something new).

My understanding is that ports are currently free on Any2. I think I remember that normally they are $1000 annually for GigE. CRG has also indicated that they plan to interconnect their Any2 fabrics in NYC and Miami with DC much like they have done in California.

-Matt