Re: Coop Peering Fabric??

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Tue Aug 12 17:19:37 2008

Paul Wall wrote:
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Deepak Jain <[email protected]> wrote:
Is there a more appropriate place for interested parties to discuss the
possible creation of such a beast in the WDC area? I know we have about a
lot of optical capacity we could help contribute to a stake in the ground
between Equinix/Ash and a facility less than 1ms away if there is interest.

And people in the Equinix campus would connect to this exchange how exactly?

I'm not trying to downplay your generous offer, though I'm afraid
you're missing the underlying problem.

Cross-connects to a cabinet @ Equinix same as if the switch were on-site?

If Equinix were to block cross-connects inside their facility, that would seem a little farther reaching than a non-compete.

Deepak