Re: facebook worm

  • From: Patrick Giagnocavo
  • Date: Fri Aug 08 12:33:44 2008

Gadi Evron wrote:

While I realize this mailing list is mostly about network operations and less about ISP operations, we had a discussion in the past where we have seen some in our community do use this information effectively and find it useful.

Thing is, I had already heard about the facebook worm via my other sources of info (and a day earlier); same as anyone else who is paying attention to such subjects did.

When info like this is spread across multiple lists/sites, the second and subsequent times it is noise instead of signal.

I lurk on nanog because of what it focuses on.

Turning nanog into a rehash of digg's technology section or the front page of news.com reduces nanog's utility.

--Patrick