Re: Out of Date Bogon Prefix

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Aug 06 00:19:11 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 3:26 PM, Tim Sanderson wrote:

Ya sure, like any of us would admit to 50% clue-ness.

With all the posts here about bogons I would really be surprised that any nanog readers didn't know about keeping bogons updated.

I'd be shocked it there were no people who read NANOG and misunderstood or blatantly ignored some of it.

Unfortunately, that means they would ignore / misunderstand the OP's request. But there is probably a small percentage clueless enough to have stale bogon filters, but just clueful enough to realize what the OP said might apply to them. A very small percentage....

Switching topics only slightly: Nick, do you have any data on what parts of the 'Net you can and cannot reach? Perhaps take a dump of route-views and ping some IPs in each ASN? Shouldn't be hard to script, and might yield useful data - both to you and the rest of us.

--
TTFN,
patrick