Re: Yahoo mail abuse contact? - Duplicate nanog addrs on list mail

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Aug 05 11:49:04 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 01:16:19AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> Randy Cassingham at This Is True is complaining in his newsletter that
> he has something like 15K undeliverables to Yahoo email addresses,
> because, as he understands it, some of those people clicked Yahoo's
> 'This is Spam' button, and he can't find a way off the list.
>
> Anyone got a pointer to Yahoo closed-loop stuff I can point him at?

Several people were nice enough to provide pointers and
encouragement... one of them may or may not have been who sent his
plight also to Slashdot, whuich appears to have shamed the responsible
department head out of his office.  Thanks.

On an unrelated topic: I may have discovered the
"[email protected],[email protected]" problem's source:

I think it's the list.

I sent this message manually, typing in [email protected] by hand as the
To address.

The reply-to is apparently *both* addresses, since that's what Mutt
picked up when I hit 'r'.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      [email protected]

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)