Re: Is Usenet actually dead?

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Mon Aug 04 12:30:58 2008

Avi Freedman runs a decent service.

Gadi.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

Opinion pieces in Wired and AG's grandstanding by throwing babies out
with bathwater notwithstanding, a query from a cow-orker caused me to
wonder: is there still anyplace to get a Usenet feed from these days
that isn't {Giga,Super,etc}News?  I want to pull maybe 30 or 40 tech
groups into my own server for the 5 or 6 people in my IT group.

In lieu of How It Used To Be, does anyone have data or anecdotes on
which of the commercial providers will let me run a server in-house?

Off-list is fine; I can summarize if anyone really cares anymore. :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      [email protected]

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)