Re: Hardware capture platforms

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 19:35:49 2008

Check out packet forensics depending on what your ultimate requirements are.

Jared Mauch

On Jul 29, 2008, at 7:10 PM, "John A. Kilpatrick" <[email protected]> wrote:

We've deployed a bunch taps in our network and now we need a platform on which to capture the data. Our bandwidth is currently pretty low but I've got 8 links to tap, which means I need 16 ports. Has anyone done any research on doing accurate packet capture with commodity hardware?

-- John A. Kilpatrick [email protected] Email| http://www.hypergeek.net/ [email protected] Text pages| ICQ: 19147504 remember: no obstacles/only challenges