Re: Arbitrary de-peering

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 16:23:03 2008

Jon Lewis wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, William Waites wrote:

Tier 1 has enough peering relationships with enough other Tier 1 networks that they can always buy temporary transit privileges over an existing link.

Every peering agreement I've seen has language to the effect that an entity can't both be a transit customer and a peer. Even if allowed, the temporary transit privileges would need to be provisioned and turned up which isn't going to happen instantaneously.

Tier 1 means you don't buy transit, no?

"We are a Tier 1 provider" tends to mean "I am a salesperson".

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [email protected]