Re: Software router state of the art

  • From: Charles Wyble
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 14:34:48 2008

Andrew D Kirch wrote:
Justin Sharp wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Yes I do, and I'm still in therapy. I was pushing 30mbit, and I can't remember how many PPS through one, and it crashed about once a month requiring onsite intervention (usually at midnight). This was running on a Compaq Deskpro I think. It doesn't have much support for good network cards. I suspect the Realtek's were behind the crashes.

Yeah.... or any number of cheap consumer parts in the Deskpro. I would love to see RouterOS running on an HP or Dell mid range server and how that performs. I'm guessing it would be quite nice.

--
Charles Wyble (818) 280 - 7059
http://charlesnw.blogspot.com