Re: Software router state of the art

  • From: Seth Mattinen
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 12:55:42 2008

Sargun Dhillon wrote:
This is not exactly true. The modern Linux kernel (2.6) uses some amount of flow tracking in order to do route caching. You can check this out on your system by:
"ip route show cache"

Did you mean "route -C" ?

I like the idea and price point of the ImageStream products, but knowing how bad Linux is at being a router and that their products are Linux-based, I'm afraid to give one a try. J products are based on a competing non-Linux platform that has a better reputation for routing.

~Seth