Re: So why don't US citizens get this?

  • From: Hyunseog Ryu
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 11:08:46 2008

I think it is simply the matter of ROI - Return on Investment - issue.
I'm still living in the area without city water, and when there is power
outage, I don't have water at all since my water pump still needs
electricity.
But some rural area has FTTH because of government funding RUS
(http://www.usda.gov/rus/) project.
And most of urban area, people are still happy with cable modem service.

People in Japan and South Korea are more of tendency to become
early-adapters.
So when they have new products, they wants to try it by majority.
But in U.S., we are still cost oriented, and if we don't need it, we
don't buy it. ^^

That's my 2 cents.

Hyun