Re: cogent bgp filtering policies?

  • From: Joe Maimon
  • Date: Sun Jul 27 20:57:25 2008

John van Oppen wrote:
That software might be a good solution for sending them updates, heck a
script sending it out every time it detects an update might also cause
them to get more excited about automating updates.   ;)   We also had
issues with them wanting a paper (or faxed) LOA which seemed a bit
onerous given the number of prefixes we announce.

The le 24 matches should have been easy since the reason we wanted them
were because we have customers using their own ASNs to announce
sub-allocations of our space, a quick look on their part the first time
we made the request would have shown that the sub allocations were all
originated from downstream ASNs from our network.

make sure their max-prefix limit resets automatically and is high enough

If anyone has an engineering contact at cogent (ie not the support contact) I would love to talk to them as it seems support department front-end is the problem and not necessarily cogent's actual policies.

No their policy is to give you a hard time until you jump through their hoops and then you get what you want.

Thanks,

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
206.973.8302 (Direct)