Re: cogent bgp filtering policies?

  • From: Paul Wall
  • Date: Sun Jul 27 19:30:17 2008

Cogent does not support IRR.  Since you're using IRR yourself, Richard
Steenbergen's IRRPT (irrpt.sf.net) has a script called 'irrpt_nag'
which is good for sending automated requests for prefix-list updates
with providers that continue to process them manually.

You can (and should) ask that Cogent's "Engineering" department okay
you for support for de-aggregation down to the /24 level or more
specific.  They will with proper justification or a general feeling
that you've got good reason and aren't just looking to gratuitously
de-aggregate prefixes for no reason.

Drive Slow,
Paul