Re: So why don't US citizens get this?

  • From: Max Tulyev
  • Date: Sun Jul 27 07:10:37 2008

Hi All,

we are rendering similar (but up to 1Gbps to home) service. This is also very popular in Russia. This type of network is much cheaper to build and much cheaper in maintain than ADSL or CaTV (DOCSIS).

The problem is... USERS!!! A regular user just don't understand the difference. That's why first houses covered is where no coverage of any type of Internet connection at all. But if there is something - people continue to use DSLs, even if not happy with it.

I hear from my colleges about a pilot-project in New York, but it is about 1000 users.

If somebody here interesting in this technology and business, please, contact me off-list.

[email protected] wrote:
https://asahi-net.jp/en/service/ftth.html -- hmm?<br>

-- WBR, Max Tulyev (MT6561-RIPE, 2:463/[email protected])