Re: Software router state of the art

  • From: Seth Mattinen
  • Date: Sat Jul 26 18:46:28 2008

Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Andrew D Kirch <[email protected]> said:
I'd like to be wrong, but there's no way that any PC/Commodity routing system is going to work (in any environment other than Ethernet). For the small ISP starting out (you know, the ones selling T1's/xDSL), there are no Channelized T3/OC3 cards available for a PeeCee, which means you still need to buy something from Cisco or Juniper.

First hit on a Google search:

http://www.imagestream.com/PCI_921-CDS.html

ImageStream isn't really "look I just bought a Dell and now I need to route my DS3 with BGP" is it?

Does anyone reading this use any ImageStream gear in production? I'm curious what your experiences are.

~Seth