RE: Exploit for DNS Cache Poisoning - RELEASED

  • From: Tomas L. Byrnes
  • Date: Thu Jul 24 19:24:16 2008

The problem is, once the ICANNt root is self-signed, the hope of ever
revoking that dysfunctional mess as authority is gone.

Perhaps the IETF or DoC should sign the root, that way we have a prayer
of wresting control from ICANN, as opposed to paying a tax, in
perpetuity, for registration services to an unaccountable, unelected,
and imperious body?

Some of us don't think the UN/EU/ITU are good models for governance.

IE: Separation of powers. ICANN/IANA is granted (interim) authority to
operate, but some other governing body signs.