Re: Paul Vixie: Re: [dns-operations] DNS issue accidentally leaked?

  • From: Steve Tornio
  • Date: Thu Jul 24 13:30:12 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Duane Wessels wrote:

xpara.com tests to lock up my iPhone, or I would use that checker to verify the iPhone DNS. Anyone have a link to a decent test that I could run on the iPhone?

Give this one a try:

http://entropy.dns-oarc.net/test/

In this test, my iPhone reports:

209.183.33.23 Source Port Randomness: GREAT
209.183.33.23 Transaction ID Randomness: GREAT

I encourage anyone else concerned with their providers to actually test them instead of taking anyone's word for it.

Steve