Re: Exploit for DNS Cache Poisoning - RELEASED

  • From: Mike Lewinski
  • Date: Wed Jul 23 23:40:12 2008

Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

Anyone have a foolproof way to get grandma to always put "https://"; in front of "www"?

Some tests from my home Comcast connection tonight showed less than desirable results from their resolvers.

The first thing I did was to double check that the bookmarks I use when visiting my banking sites all begin https. I was happy to see I had the sense to create them some time ago, by hand, with the https.

Even when I receive a notice of a new statement or pending payment on something in the email, and I KNOW it's valid, I'm still visiting it from the bookmark.