RE: Cisco vs Adtran vs Juniper

  • From: Paul Stewart
  • Date: Fri Jul 18 11:48:58 2008

Thanks guys so far for the responses....

Adtran has a 5 year warranty and support for free as of today - I'm not
aware of this changing but we've had a number of other companies change
that policy in the past couple of years after purchasing a LOT of gear
from them (Motorola, Redline come to mind among others).

Cisco has "lifetime hardware warranty" on some of their gear but nobody
has ever been able to tell me what that *really* means and how you would
ever get it covered if you did NOT have Smartnet coverage...;)

UC500's - nice boxes ... pure cost issues around this one.  You need to
add a 24 port switch if you want some form of density at additional
cost... makes it 3X the Adtran price so gets a lot of attention here...

Keep it coming guys.. appreciate it...

Paul