Re: Managed, cheap, DC power switches

  • From: Seth Mattinen
  • Date: Thu Jul 17 16:16:15 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

For what it's worth, I gave the sales rep what-for about the price, and he gave it back to me, telling me that ProCurve switches will only accept ProCurve(-compatible) SFP GBICs, which cost more, both because they're compatible, and because they're SFP.

Recent ProCurve switches only accept "rev B" modules; I have a new-ish switch that won't accept a pile of Finisar optics that did work in older HP switches. I don't know what the difference between "rev B" and older ones are, though.

--
Seth Mattinen		[email protected]
Roller Network LLC