Re: Managed, cheap, DC power switches

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Jul 16 14:27:20 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 01:59:54PM -0400, Tim Sanderson wrote:
> 2.5K? No way. Get used or refurbished from Network Hardware or similar
> outlet. We rarely buy new. Used gear works just fine.

Indeed.  I just had to put my hands on my GBICs and a module for a
4200vl on short notice, and conveniently, Network Liquidators is about
30 miles from me.  The sales rep, with the unlikely name of Bill
Billings (which isn't as unusual, admittedly, as Courtney Courtney),
was quite helpful and almost unreasonably solicitous.  I don't actually
know: is $200 for a new aftermarket multimode GBIC a deal?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      [email protected]

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)