Avg. Packet Size - Again?

  • From: Sean Hafeez
  • Date: Tue Jul 15 19:45:23 2008

Most of the data and studies I have found on this topic are a bit out of date.

I would be interested in find out what the average packet size people are seeing on their backbones is at this point and time? Also for those in the DC space what is average packet size you are seeing for web farm traffic (outbound)? Yes I know there are 1000's of answers and different possibilities in setups so please no, "this is a dumb question". I am well aware of all the variables involved in this. I am just looking for some data points that come from a wide degree of sources.

Is this data even something that you track and if so why?

Thanks!
Sean