Re: Analysing traces for performance bottlenecks

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Tue Jul 15 08:54:16 2008

A bit more googling has found the Web100 projects NDT (http://e2epi.internet2.edu/ndt/). I'm currently making a Linux VM that can run it. It's useful, but I'm still really after something that can do it's type of analysis from a packet capture.

Sam

Sam Stickland wrote:
Hi,

Are there any packages (or Wireshark options that I've missed) that can follow a TCP stream and determine the limiting factor on throughput. E.g Latency, packet loss, out of sequence packets, window size, or even just the senders rate onto the wire. I know how to analyse a trace by hand for performance issues, but it's relatively time consuming.

Googling for variations on "Analyse TCP stream limit throughput" didn't find anything.

Sam