Peer1 outage in Vancouver

  • From: Duane Cook
  • Date: Mon Jul 14 14:43:11 2008

There is a power outage in downtown Vancouver, and apparently Peer1's UPS and/or Generators have failed.

UPDATE
by cpugsley on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 am

Upon further review the power outage has affected the entire Financial District. Generator 7 - the main generator in the Harbour Centre building that powers PEER 1 and other business worked for approximately 20 minutes after the power went out. The 16th floor data center and the 21st floor West data center are currently at a 90% power loss. The 21st floor North is now at 100% power loss. We've also learned that the UPS power is affected as well.

The Harbour Centre building is working around the clock to restart the generator as quickly as possible. We will continue to provide updates as they are received.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Charnell Pugsley
Community Evangelist
PEER 1