Re: Building a BGP test network

  • From: William Waites
  • Date: Wed Jul 09 13:49:14 2008

Le 08-07-09 à 19:36, Ariel Biener a écrit :

I have been pondering over this issue for some time now (not too much
time to invest on it), since I wanted to created a duplicate model of our
production network in a test environment, not connected to any outside
network (thus cannot peer, same problem as described here).

What about http://ipmon.sprint.com/pyrt/ ?

It doesn't do everything being designed for the reverse problem -- pulling routes from a live BGP network for analysis. But it does include a BGP speaker and the ability to read and write MRTD files. I imagine with relatively little work it could be coaxed to read an MRTD dump and send the entries to a test peer.

-w