Sure, I'm game (was Re: a business opportunity?)

  • From: Lynda
  • Date: Sat Jul 05 17:58:54 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

[snip weeding one's garden theory]

if the ipv4 free pool run-out produces a lot of address shifting and
recycling of old address space, will there be a market in clean-up
services such as the above.  give them your newly-acquired address space
for two months before you need to use it, and they will test and scrub
and write and beg and whine on nanog?  it could be that one or two
reputable clean-up folk could develop history with the various blockers
and be able to get the job done better than we could do it ourselves.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Of course, there's the larger problem; verifying that the address space previously sullied is now worthy of being cleaned up. In Nick Shank's case (and Bravo! to Nick), I would say that he's off doing the right thing. It would seem that some serious investigation would be necessary before acting as a third party for others in a similar boat, of course.

I certainly have the time, skills, and inclination.

--
In April 1951, Galaxy published C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons".
The intervening years have proven Kornbluth right.