Re: ICANN opens up Pandora's Box of new TLDs

  • From: Jean-François Mezei
  • Date: Tue Jul 01 00:02:55 2008

Scott Weeks wrote:

> How'd you do that?  I use FF on FreeBSD, but parhaps there're similar settings.

Since a few people asked.

in the url line:  about:config

This is the magic incantation that gets you a page with just about all
configuration settings.

you can serach for a particular setting in the "filter".

To disable the google searching, look for the string "keyword". set
keyword.enabled to "false". You can alco zap the value of keyword.URL

To get a button to easily enable and disable javascript:

http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

This allows you to put up a whole series of buttons such as java,
images, javascript, kill cache, and a "UA" selection box to fake other
browsers and much more.

Another extension is the Web Develoer extension:
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

It gives you plenty of options, including disabling CSS, viewing source
etc etc.

Good support available in the mozilla.support.* newsgroups (such as
mozilla.support.firefox). If you are on an ISP that have cut down NNTP,
it is available on the NNTP server: news.mozilla.org