Re: Mail Server best practices - was: Pandora's Box of new TLDs

  • From: Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.
  • Date: Sun Jun 29 16:35:44 2008

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

It is because, if someone reports (by telephone, IRC or IRL) that he
sent an email and I did not receive it, I regard as VERY IMPORTANT to
be able to check the spam folder (with a search tool, not by hand) and

In a professional environment, I would not accept the idea of email
disappearing without being able to recover it.

In my view of a "professional environment" (what ever that turns out to mean) a log file would enable that, without any of the problems holding mail text might engender.

"Did you get the email from...to...?
"Yes"
"Please tell the court what it said."

--
Requiescas in pace o email              Two identifying characteristics
                                             of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs