Re: ICANN opens up Pandora's Box of new TLDs

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Sun Jun 29 12:39:06 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 5:45 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:53:06PM +0200,
Jeroen Massar <[email protected]> wrote
a message of 49 lines which said:

not even thinking of all the nice security issues which come along
(home, mycomputer and .exe etc anyone ?

This requires serious elaboration. How could you use a domain in ".exe" to actually attack someone? (No handwaving, please, actual study.)

I think it would be the other way around - I would assume that that was a near worthless TLD, as it
would come with a built in DOS : If I had (say) program.exe as a domain name,
what Windows user would ever type it in ?

Regards
Marshall

Thank you people doing all the ICANN politics for destroying the Internet.

The Internet, until now, resisted to forces much more powerful than ICANN.