RE: the business model, was what problem are we solving? (was Re: ICANN opens

  • From: John Levine
  • Date: Sat Jun 28 17:03:50 2008

That's the phrase I was thinking of -- "sunrise period".

All of you would get first dibs -- I don't have a good idea how it would
actually be doled out or purchased.  But at least you three would be first
in the ring, before speculator xyz had a chance.

But in my case, iecc.net already belongs to a speculator. Why would we give him preference?

In any event, ICANN's sunrise rules work adequately well, and they're not likely to change.

R's,
John